The Data Science for Social Impact Research Group at the University of Pretoria is seeking an interested student to pursue a PhD Full-time at the University of Pretoria. The ideal starting time would be Q1 [Jan - Mar 2021] but is flexible.
The position will be funded through a bursary. The bursary will be for 3 years subject to acceptable progress.
- The deadline for application is 31 January 2021.
- The research topic for the PhD student will cover Natural Language Processing with applications in Social Good areas.
- The student should be knowledgeable about Python and Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing would be advantageous.
- The prospective student should meet the entry requirements for a PhD in Computer Science at the University of Pretoria [https://cs.up.ac.za/prospective/postgrad]
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Submit your CV [See guide https://dsfsi.github.io/prospective/]
- Details (name and contact) of an academic referee
- 1-page motivation and research interests.
Email to Dr. Vukosi Marivate firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: DSFSI PhD opportunity.